Recipe: Easy and Healthy Acai Berry Bowl
Smoothie bowls are all the hype right now, but I have been making these delicious little gems for years! It all started one lazy Sunday evening when I was craving a sweet treat, but the contents of my fridge were very limited. I resorted to blending a combination of leftover frozen fruits and a hint of creamy almond butter and the result was beyond delicious and surprisingly satisfying. Since then I have made several different versions of these delightful concoctions, and today I will share with you a personal favourite.
This Berry Bowl can replace an entire meal as it comprises of a full serving of vitamin rich baby spinach blended with hearty fruits that create a balanced dish. It can also be enjoyed as a satisfactory dessert or snack throughout the day.
· 2 Cups Frozen Blueberries
· 1 Cup Baby Spinach
· ½ Frozen Banana
· ½ Cup Flax and Chia Mix
· 1 Tablespoon Cashew Butter
· 1 Tablespoon Organic Acai Powder
· ¼ Cup Almond Milk
· Place all ingredients into a blender and process until a smooth consistency is obtained… it really is THAT simple! Garnish with your favourite fruits, nuts and seeds. Here I've used Kiwis, cashews, almonds and raw organic hemp seeds.
· Depending on the texture your final product, you may want to add some more almond milk if you require a softer or more liquid constituency.
· Feel free to substitute almond milk or any other healthy alternative like cashew or coconut milk. Experimenting is fun!
The final product is rich in antioxidants necessary for proper immune functioning and healthy glowing skin. It is rich in vitamins A & K, vital minerals, rich sources of omega fatty acids and loaded with nutrients. I hope that you enjoy experimenting with this recipe to put your own personal twist.